Last July, someone scattered poisoned meatballs around San Francisco’s Twin Peaks and Diamond Heights neighborhoods, sickening dogs who were unlucky enough to take the bait. One of them, a Dachshund named Oskar, died from the toxin.
It’s happening again.
On Saturday, a San Francisco animal control officer found 35 tainted meatballs hidden a Twin Peaks neighborhood, according to SFGate. After a resident found fragments of suspicious-looking meatballs in the area, Lt. Denise BonGiovanni searched the area. She found meat studded “with something solid” in out-of-the-way places — carports, behind stairwells, along curbs and in hedges and bushes.