Was a Prizewinning Samoyed Poisoned at Westminster?

Cruz was a prizewinning Samoyed, a show dog who, in his short career, rose quickly to the top ranks. He competed in February’s Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. A week later, he was vomiting blood. Shortly thereafter, he was dead.

According to a story in the New York Times, his handlers suspect foul play. They believe Cruz was poisoned sometime in New York during the show. They suspect rat poison, which takes three to five days to cause physical symptoms in a dog.

“We have been devastated and in shock,” said Lynette Blue, one of Cruz’s owners. “This is one of the most painful experiences of my life.”

 

READ MORE HERE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s