I don’t know about you, Dogsters, but I’m getting a little tired of hearing about (and writing about!) recalls of dry dog foods because of aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is a mold by-product that occurs on corn. It’s not terribly pretty, but it’s surprising that it’s so toxic. Here’s what the moldy corn with it looks like.
Dogs who have eaten aflatoxin-contaminated food can show sluggishness or lethargy, a reluctance to eat, vomiting, a yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, or diarrhea. They should be seen by a veterinarian.
As I asked in a post earlier this month…..
READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE HERE AT DOGSTER